Buy VPN
anarchism is order

Anarchy Is Order

2 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 2 2 Flares ×

The Anarchist Manifesto by individualist anarchist philosopher Anselm Bellegarrigue is an overlooked gem. Published in April 1850, its engrossing relevance is eerie. I have composited and modernized its first few pages. My intention is to deliver Anselm's message in a poignant manner, without losing any of its original essence. I urge everyone to delve into the original text as it has a lot to offer in terms of the cyclical nature of history and the value of anarchism throughout.

If I were to accept the dishonest meaning of "anarchy then I should become a tyrant, for anarchy has become synonymous with civil war.

But I do not accept it, for I know its true meaning: Anarchy is the negation of governments. Governments, who have found nothing better to do than to school us in the fear and horror of their destruction. But since governments are the negation of individuals, it is reasonable that upon waking up to essential truths, that we should come to feel a greater horror at our own annihilation than that of our masters.

Because civil war is not a product of the absence of the State, but, rather, a product of a multiplicity of States, and competition and strife among the governing classes. Anarchy is an ancient word, but, for us that word articulates a modem interest. Anarchy, is nothing less than the true expression of social order.

How so? Well

Anarchy = negation of government; negation of government = affirmation of the people; affirmation of the people = individual liberty;  individual liberty = individual sovereignty, individual sovereignty = equality;  equality = solidarity; and solidarity = social order.

By contrast: government = negation of the people; negation of the people = affirmation of political authority; affirmation of political authority = dependency;  dependency = class supremacy;  class supremacy = inequality;  inequality= antagonism; antagonism = civil war; from which it follows that  government = civil war.

In the realm of politics, sacrifice of self for the purpose of the maintenance or installation of a government has always meant having one's throat cut and one's entrails torn out. Point me to a place where men openly slaughter one another and I will show you a government behind all the carnage.

If you try to explain civil war as anything other than a government's refusal to quit the stage, you are wasting your time. And the reason is simple. A government is set up. In the very instant of its creation, it has supporters (servants); and the moment that it has supporters (servants) it has its adversaries too. This fact alone quickens the seed of civil war, because the government cannot possibly act towards adversaries the same way it does towards supporters. In other words, once a government is in place, favouritism provokes division, spawning antagonism, making civil strife inevitable. From which it follows that government is civil war.

On the other hand, if we refrain from attacking or defending the government, we render civil war impossible. In doing this, we toss the State on to the dung heap, in order lay the foundations of social order. Now, if dispensing with government is, on the one hand, the establishment of order, and, on the other, the enshrinement of anarchy, then order and anarchy go hand in hand, from which it follows that anarchy is order.

If you enjoyed this, see the sidebar to donate. I am a one girl show.  Let's escape the feedback loop.

Comments
13 Responses to “Anarchy Is Order”
  1. Paul O'Sullivan says:

As an individualist, this is my favourite passage . . .

I have no ancestors! For me the creation of the world dates from the day of my birth; for me the end of the world will be accomplished on the day when I shall restore to the elementary mass the apparatus and the afflatus which constitute my individuality. I am the first man, I shall be the last. My history is the complete result of humanity; I know no other, I care to.know no other. When I suffer, what good do I get from another's enjoyment? When I enjoy, in what do those who suffer detract from my pleasures? Of what consequence to me is that which happened before me? How am I concerned in what will happen after me? It is not for me to serve as a sacrifice to respect for extinct generations, or as an example to posterity. I confine myself within the circle of my existence, and the only problem that I have to solve is that of my welfare. I have but one doctrine, that doctrine has but one formula, that formula has but one word: ENJOY! Sincere is he who confesses it; an imposter is he who denies it.
    This is bare individualism, native egoism; I do not deny it, I confess it, I verify it, I boast of it. Show me, that I may question him, the man who would reproach and blame me. Does my egoism do you any harm? If you say no, you have no reason to object to it, for I am free in all that does not injure you. If you say yes, you are a thief, for, my egoism be- ing only the simple appropriation of myself by myself, an appeal to my identity, an afjirmation of my individuality, a protest against all supremacy, if you admit that you are damaged by my act in taking possession of myself, by my retention of my own person-  that is, the least disputable of my properties – you will declare thereby that I belong to you, or, at least, that you have designs on me; you are an owner of men, either established as such or intending to be, a monopolist, a coveter of another's person, a thief. There is no middle ground; either right lies with egoism, or it lies with theft; either I belong to myself, or I become the possession of someone else. It cannot be said that I should sacrifice myself for the good of all, since, all having to Similarly sacrifice themselves, no one would gain more by this stupid game than he had lost, and consequently each would remain destitute – that is, without profit, which clearly would make such sacrifice absurd. If, then, the abnegation of all cannot be profitable to all, it must of necessity be profitable to a few; these few, then, are the possessors of all, and are probably the very ones who will complain of my egoism.
    Every man is an egoist; whoever ceases to be one becomes a thing. He who pretends it is not necessary to be one is a stythlef· Oh, yes, I know, the word has an ugly sound; so for you have applied it to those who are not satisfied with what belongs to them, to those who take to themselves what belongs to others; but such people are in accord with human impulse; you are not. In complaining of their rapacity, do you know what you do? You establish your own imbecility. Hitherto you have believed there were tyrants. Well, you are mistaken: there are only slaves. Where nobody obeys nobody commands.

• David says:

When you vote, you vote for government. When you vote for government, you vote to be governed. Why would anyone vote to be governed when one can govern oneself much better? The former choice indicates the mindset of children, the latter the maturity of adults worthy of the name.

Thank you Julia.

2. Thank you, Julia. This is beautiful and powerful! you are badass. Keep up the great work!

3. Julia, what a fantastic adaptation. I love your accent and diction, you really bring the words to live with your calm and authentic passion.

A+

Thank you for this.

4. Nathan says:

The key is in the word itself. Anarchy does not mean absence of rules, it means absence of rulers. Monarchy, a single ruler and the preferred system of the power hungry sociopaths.

The Gene Roddenberry vision of a society that works together because it wants to for the betterment of all is an inevitable reality. The abundance of energy and resources here means the minimum quality of living should be extremely high.

Those with aspirations have a medium to collaborate with and those with only the desire to exist freely and daydream or randomly wander the earth meeting others and sharing experiences are welcome to do so.

When you allow the natural order to occur you get a working system. This is true in every model of life in the world.

All we can do is work to facilitate the change with greater expediency and minimize the atrocious suffering and destruction sparing as many as possible from the jaws of tyranny.

5. Thank you Julia for being on the Alex Jones show today was awesome to hear another Canadian think like I do and I didn't know that about abortions laws in Canada I am frightened  to think we have the same abortions policies as North koreia

6. Martin Adams says:

Julia, you are one of the best things to happen to the Alex Jones Show – I would like to see you replace Alex more often, especially when callers get him upset. You are far more even-tempered and rational under those conditions. Your short video on Anarchy is Order is a charming intro to the actual meaning of the word and reality of anarchy, and I have posted it on my web site's Video of the Week at BugOutCenterdotcom. If I can help you in any other way, let me know.

7. russ says:

Anarchy isn't a form of sustainable government but is a fabulous tool to begin the dismantling of bad governments, tho revolution is also an intergral part. I do believe in some form of constitution as the written document to clearly define and restrict governments. We Americans are delusional about our's and even refer to it as divinely inspired… isn't that a hoot? Congress was supposed to amend the Articles of Confederation in 1776, but intentionally wrote a document that government could escape the chains of. As Patrick Henry said about the CON/CON, "I smelt a rat"… Federal governments should barely have enough money to survive. I like the words of Voltaire about proper type of government…  "The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination."

8. Mujtaba says:

It amazes me how shortsided some people are. On this here noble earth are found many who speak much but know little. You should make an article on the definitions of some words and the correlation of concepts of socioeconomics with each other as in physics. What does "work" mean? Is work finite or infinite, is there such a thing as too much work? What happens when all jobs are finished? Is there such a thing as being too efficient? What conditions must be nessecary for the institution of "work" to remain, is stability given or relative, what happens at the advert of hyper monopolization? I.e. when 99% of work is done by <50% of population. What is money? Is money intrinsically valuable or is it's value attached to a physycological/social concept? Is its value definite or relative? Does Money facilitate economic movement or does it cause for the pressence of wealth? What happens when more money exists than things to buy? What is insurance and what is its physiological/social impact, I.e. if insurance didn't exist cars would be smaller/ people would carpool more. What social impact does usury have on social behavior division and isolation? What affect does harsh treatment of courts on buissness have on macroeconomics, like monopolization by increasing buissiness risk? What is justice? Is justice a correction of wrongdoing, or correction of one-sided inconvenience. What is the result of over-penalizing or unjust-penalizing? What effect do unjust courts have on phsycology and economics? Does the existence of problems and problem solving correlate with socioeconomic vitality? Why do solutions to problems beget more problems? I.e invention of cars causes more distancing between things, invention of pesticides causes less diverse diet, invention of internet causes dumbing effect on society, invention of phones causes less social interaction, advert of industrialization causes inconvenience, advert of technology makes life harder, insurance causes recklessness, colleges cause people to become dumber. Likewise why does the presense of problems cause good fruitation? Like sexual restriction causes more enjoyable cohabitation, natural disasters and calamities cause community unification, famine causes food appreciation, wildfires cause for fertile growth, isolation begets wisdom, fear begets discipline, pessimism begets far-sightedness, inferiority of means/circumstances begets innovation, subjection to hardship begets tolerance. Your passion for anarchism seems good willed but slightly short spoken, in the simplest definition government could be defined simply as organization of communal will, so an angry mob going after a rapist could technically be considered, a "government." I think a better promo than "anarchism" is "anti-evil" or "anti-socialist" I suggest you study different cultures, wisdom is present in seeing how problems fruitate and peoples reactions and solutions. I think it would benefit many of your viewers if you offered practical guilded definite advice like "build a castle", " buy books", "prepare for famine/ societal collapse" I think you could start a member based intellectual society, you could fund raise, get sponsers, write books of knowledge , have bi-annual get-togethers. You can email me if your interested in conversing.

9. Javier says:

Hey, Julia!

I made some spanish subtitles for your video. I wonder if you're interested in using them to spread the message.

Cheers!